HD73 or TW700

NWhiteley

Prominent Member
Reaction score
As some of you may know, im in the market for a PJ. I was going to get a Mitsubishi HC5000 or an Epson TW1000, but i really cant justify the outlay.
So, i have narrowed it down to either a Epson TW700 or a Optoma HD73. Both can had with a screen for around a grand and i think both are suitable for my room. I have had a demo of the HD73 and found that i was mildly affected by rainbows, but not enough to discount it. I have not seen the TW700 in action, so im very undecided.

Is anyone in a position to sway me one way or the other? Which produces the better image? Which gives the best VFM?

My room.....

Decent light control with dark walls
Lens to screen distance is 9' 6"
Ceiling height is 7' 10" but PJ can be mount at screen centre or at the ceiling
82" or 77" diagonal screen (not yet purchased) with around 1.1 gain

Neil

seen the hd73 in action, excellent picture, didn't notice any rainbows (and i have with other dlps). high def looks superb on the 73, really clear and sharp. not seen the tw700. careful with your throw distance there, you may just squeeze the hd73 onto an 82" diag from that distance but prob not on a 77".

Has anyone got, or had a demo of, the Epsom TW700 and could give me a mini review of it?

seen the hd73 in action, excellent picture, didn't notice any rainbows (and i have with other dlps). high def looks superb on the 73, really clear and sharp. not seen the tw700. careful with your throw distance there, you may just squeeze the hd73 onto an 82" diag from that distance but prob not on a 77".
According to Projector Central, with a throw distance of 9'6" on the HD73, you can go up to a max. diagonal of 85" on max zoom.

Has anyone got, or had a demo of, the Epsom TW700 and could give me a mini review of it?

I have had one since March this year and I am now coming to the conclusion that for the money - I couldn't get any better. I had spent absolutely ages trying different settings and tweaking here and there, but Im now finished changing things.

If you want I can post some screenshots for you. I am able to get 100" diagonal picture from a distance of 15' (and could go larger). No problems with screen door. If you want to ask me anything, I will do my best to answer you.

Here's pictures of my setup, you will see a screenshot in there, but that was before I had done any tweaking - its a lot better now.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=479552&highlight=Gordie

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom