Hd700x lamp going?????

Haizum74

Hi,

Quickie question, my picture on my 700x seems to be dimming, I am assuming the lamp is nearing its time? Just checked lamp settings and its showing lamp hours as 1109.

Cheers

Haizum74

21 views and nothing :eek:. Come on folks its Christmas, I dont want it going while watching the queens speech or my name will be mud. :D

legriffe

I have read on these forums that that a projector lamp will lose 30% to 40% of it's brightness within the first few hundred hours, that does'nt mean to say it's about to blow, but if you want to be on the safe side why not get a new lamp anyway and save the old one as a spare, would keep the wife happy!! and you would return your pj to it's former glory for the xmas viewing. ;)

Haizum74

I have read on these forums that that a projector lamp will lose 30% to 40% of it's brightness within the first few hundred hours, that does'nt mean to say it's about to blow, but if you want to be on the safe side why not get a new lamp anyway and save the old one as a spare, would keep the wife happy!! and you would return your pj to it's former glory for the xmas viewing. ;)

I am thinking along those lines but £100 odd quid just before Xmas. Do I, or do I just risk it.

Other thing I was thinking is that it might need a good clean too as I also heard dust build up can effect brightness. I may have made that up lol.

Either way thanks for the reply.

Chox1988

Distinguished Member
A little bit of compressed air or very careful cleaning with a makeup type brush wont hurt but yeh as above, a new bulb as backup is always good, bulbs dim fairly rapidly, i wouldnt be surprised if yours lasts another 2000 hours but then just as likely is it dies tomorrow, its such a speculative subject it cant really be definitively commented on

Haizum74

A little bit of compressed air or very careful cleaning with a makeup type brush wont hurt but yeh as above, a new bulb as backup is always good, bulbs dim fairly rapidly, i wouldnt be surprised if yours lasts another 2000 hours but then just as likely is it dies tomorrow, its such a speculative subject it cant really be definitively commented on

Yeh, I stripped and cleaned it yesterday, put HDMI cable back in and no picture, tried another cable and that worked so I am hoping that it was the HDMI cable on the blink. Still, bulb will be ordered just in case.

Haizum74

Well, lamp went last night so at least I know what it was lol. Not gonna get one before Xmas now.

EDIT - Called Optoma and they are sending a RTA form through email so will get it checked out although their brochure does say 1000 hours or 6 months whichever is sooner.

Last edited:
Top Bottom