HD700x HDMI problem

mgswills

Standard Member
Evening guys,

Just settled down to test out my new hd700x pj with my PS3 but I can't get it to recognise any picture on the HDMI source.

I've dropped the res down to the minimum, tested the cable by connecting to my tv, tested the pj by using the composite cable on the ps3 and am now running out of idea's, i don't have any other hdmi source so can't try anything else.

I notice it says hdmi 1.3 on the back of the pj, do I need a hdmi 1.3 cable, if so how do I know what version I have?

Was really excited about tonight now having that horrible sinking feeling that I might have a duff pj

Cheers

[email protected]

nwgarratt

Do you get a picture on the TV and PS3 with the same cable?

If you have the PJ off, try putting it on first and then the PS3. The PJ needs to synchronise the signal with the PS3. I think that is the part that is not working.

HDMI 1.3 just means the cable should be able to handle higher bandwidth (more data) than one that is not. Cables usually get it mentioned in the specs.

I have had duff cables before but they still worked at low resolutions. I would try another cable if you can borrow one.

mgswills

Standard Member
Thanks,

Tried a different cable to no affect, also tried having pj on then PS3, also tried pressing and holding ps3 power button for 5 seconds to reset display settings.:mad:

I read in another thread that someone had issues with hdmi signal recognition and fixed it by powering down the pj and restarting, that didn't work either. Going to call optoma tomorrow and hoping for some words of wisdom but not holding by breath, I just hope the ebay seller will take it back:suicide:

mgswills

Standard Member
Just had a thought, if the hdmi interface is faulty could I get the same picture quality through the component interface? I read on older posts that component can display up to 1080i, based on the fact that the hd700x only goes up to 720p, theoretically speaking it shouldn't make any difference.

I must admit I was surprised the component interface went up to such a high res. On the basis I only paid £299 for the pj, if I can get the hd picture I want I don't really care what interface I use.

any one else got a ps3 hooked up to a hd700x or any other hd pj via component?

Cheers

[email protected]

nwgarratt

What resolution you use really depends on what the source is. I watch Blu Ray so I use the PJ at 1080/24 and get it to downscale to 720p. If the source is not 1080i/p, then it makes sense to use 720p otherwise you are upscaling and then downscaling.

I do find HDMI is sharper than component but component is certainly not that far behind.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom