HD70 and daylight

neenan

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi

Planning on buying a HD70 for the front room. The screen will be opposite the window and the distance between them will be about 4/5 metres.

Question is during the day with normal daylight will i be able to see a pciture on the screen or will i just not be able to see a thing due to the daylight?

All advice is appreciated.

regards

Mark

Hi,

I have a HD70 also which is currently mounted on the cieling in the kids bedroom. I'm building a dedicated home cinema room but mounted it temporarily in the bedroom until then.

I would have to say that even in the day, once the curtains are drawn (we do have dark chocolate coloured curtains) that it is watchable. If you had direct sunlight coming in I would say not, but as long as your curtains can be drawn and are thick\dark enough to get rid of the direct sunlight and glare it will be ok, not great, but ok!

Edit: I wouldn't want to use it for everyday TV though, nice to keep the wow factor for movies and gaming.

Hi

Planning on buying a HD70 for the front room. The screen will be opposite the window and the distance between them will be about 4/5 metres.

Question is during the day with normal daylight will i be able to see a pciture on the screen or will i just not be able to see a thing due to the daylight?

All advice is appreciated.

regards

Mark

Hi Neenan,
We have a HD70 here and its opposite our patio windows. We have thin yellow'ish curtains and as long as the curtains are closed, we can just about watch it. However, you will need to darken the room somewhat to see the image clearly.
Just an idea (for anyone): We use an additional cheap 200cm wide 1:1 ratio pull down screen which we use infront of the curtains for daylight use. When we pull it one third of the way down the window, it blocks off enough light to watch the movie clearly. Two thirds down and the image is as clear and sharp as night time.
It's a nice, fast to use blackout blind and as it's white on one side, black on the other, we find it does'nt turn the room into a total blackout zone with dark/black walls so keeps the room looking like a home instead of a dark cinema room.

Hope this helps.

You'll need to darken the room to watch it - I have the HD70 downstairs for movies / games and football (!) so during the day time I find a blackout blind does the trick :thumbsup:

Do it the other way around, I just mounted an electric screen so it dropped down in front of the window - instant blackout no problems!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom