HD70 and a PS3 questions

Lenzz

Standard Member
Hi guys
I just got a UK ps3 for the bargain price of £345 and I would just like to know if any HD70 owners have got a PS3 hooked up to it via a HDMI and if they have encountered any problems with the two working together as I have heard the ps3 has problems with scaling and I’m worried the it might not show blue ray movies correctly. So any information would be greatly appreciated.

chaddy

Banned
don't have one, but pm blicky_1 he has them both and rates it highly

cyberheater

I've got my PS3 connected via hdmi to the HD70 and it looks awesome.

For Bluray movies. I output at 1080p which the HD70 downrez to 720p, it's native resolution. I looks very good indeed.

Lenzz

Standard Member
I've got my PS3 connected via hdmi to the HD70 and it looks awesome.

For Bluray movies. I output at 1080p which the HD70 downrez to 720p, it's native resolution. I looks very good indeed.

thanx for the replay.

i have a few more questions if you will indulge me.

can you recomend a bluetooth headset?

will it upscale my dvd's like my 360 dose?

Have you had any problemes with the controlers loosing the conection to the ps3?

Jonstone

Currently the PS3 doesn't upscale dvds so it will send a 576p signal to the projector that will do the upscaling itself.

This may be rectified with future firmware updates but whether ther PS3 will do a better job of upscaling than the projector would be up for debate.

I've never had a problem with the controllers losing connection.

No idea on the headset sorry

cyberheater

can you recomend a bluetooth headset?
Sorry. I don't use one with the PS3
will it upscale my dvd's like my 360 dose?
No. What Jonstone said is right. However, the scaler in the HD70 is very good and DVD's look great on the projector.

Have you had any problemes with the controlers loosing the conection to the ps3?
No. Not a single issue. Are you on the latest firmware v1.60?

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom