HD5H Sonicstage crash - 'hidden' files left on device?

B

b0rk

Hi all,

I was transferring over some MP3s > HD5H using conversion to ATRAC3Plus 64 then Sonicstage crashed at 52%! I was transferring maybe 4Gb over @ 192 so I guess thats about 1.5Gb - 2Gb in ATRAC3Plus meaning about 1Gb was transferred before the crash.

The thing is I can't remember exactly which albums I was copying across in that particular session (as re-inited device yesterday) but I'm not 100% convinced that the data that DID transfer is showing up in my HD5H Album/Artist list but I AM convinced the data is on the device. (as the free capacity has decreased by 1Gb). This is something I suspected happened once before using SS3.2 but again I didn't remember exactly what I transferred so I couldn't verify this :/.

Does anyone know for sure what happens to the data when SS crashes half way through a conversion transfer (possibly from experience)? As I said, I may well be wrong and the data that did transfer is showing up fine!

Thanks

Found this thread from a while ago. It may answer your question.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240220

I had a similar problem a while ago, although I dont think it's exactly the same as what you're describing. MAke sure you give sonicstage enough time to upload. Sometimes I found it appeared to freeze at 99% only to resume after a minute or 5.

P.S SonicStage 3.3 out now. You may want to upgrade now, if you havent already ripped all of your music!!

hiya,

This is using SS 3.3 so latest version! and I mean a true crash whereby it throws up 'Omnijukebox.exe... memory error... blah' then closes!

I'll check out the thread thx!

Hiya,

mmm its similar but not quite the same problem - this is when there is a posibility of files being left on the device but not actually showing up on the device or via SS!

mmmm!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom