HD555's vs HD595's

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by networkn, Apr 27, 2007.

1. networkn

networkn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi There!

I have a set of Senn HD555's and was told the HD595's were 10x better and to rush out and buy a pair. One retailer told me the only difference was comfort (which I found marginally different), but I can't believe that a $200 NZD Price difference would come down to what seem identically built headphones for comfort only. I had a listen to each side by side, on a limited number of tracks from the store cd selection, and probably noticed very little difference.

All the reviews for the 595's are amazing. I want to watch movies, play games (connected to my Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Sound Card) and listen to a little music.

Does anyone have any opinion on what the major differences are, and perhaps recommend a CD or CD's that will help demonstrate the differences?

2. reevesy

reevesy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,178
    well if you've listened to both and find little or no difference and you've happy with your 555's i'd save your money and stick with them.....or look at a range higher up the scale....
    personally i've got the 595's and i'm happy with them for music and movies .......at the moment :rolleyes: ....and they are comfy...
    have'nt listened to the 555's but if you cant notice any difference in sound quality and you're happy with the comfort of the 555's then it does'nt really make sense to fork out for the step up....but hey it's your cash and not mine :)

3. reevesy

reevesy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,178
    as a quick after thought you could use the money for a dedicated headphone amp....if you dont already have one that is.