1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD5 - Unit On/Off - what does it do ?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by KiNeL, Aug 19, 2005.

1. KiNeL

KiNeL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Had my HD5 for a few days now and slowly getting used to it although I must say it's a bit of a culture shock coming from 3 years with an Archos Jukebox which was pure Drag-&-Drop.

A note to Sony: Please wake up and get a grip on what the customer wants. It's taken you this long to realise that, whatever the merits of ATRAC, MP3 compatibility is ABSOLUTELY 100% OBLIGATORY, your sales figures will confirm it, so take the next step and make it user friendly !

Anyway back to the HD5, I have applied the volume hack and thank goodness for it because before it I was starting to think I'd made an expensive mistake.

Happily I found the Drag-&-Drop proggy too which, despite it's limitations, is extremly useful.

Also have had to re-encode some of my MP3's because SS refused to transfer them even though they worked fine in every other device/player I ever tried, what's that all about ?

I have 1 question if anybody can answer it:

In the options menu what does Unit On/Off do ?

I'll write more about my impressions in a few days when I've had more time to evaluate the beast.

2. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unit just means the playback parameter (album, artist, genre, etc ...) Set it to ON and when you play any given parameter, playback remains within this. Switch it OFF and playback will move on at the end of, say, the album you chose, to the next album by that artist.

3. KiNeL

KiNeL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Thanks for that, bit like e a single artist playlist then. Switched off it will play through an entire folder of a particular artist, useful.

4. jaskaran

jaskaran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    [KiNel] Happily I found the Drag-&-Drop proggy too which, despite it's limitations, is extremly useful.

hi, do u mean drag and drop for music files in windows explorer?
    I also had an archos jukebox which i found extremely easy to transfer files.