1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD5 Recharge Help Needed

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by rockon, Aug 4, 2005.

1. rockon

rockon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My wife is getting ready to do her first full recharge on her HD5 after setting it up last Sunday (2nd HD5 she has owned since 17th July as buttons cracked on 1st one) and has asked me a question that I am not sure about. She would like to know whether allowing her battery to run completely dead would affect the content of the hard drive or whether she should charge the battery whilst there was still minimum life left in the unit? As I am not sure how volatile the drive is I did not know how to advise her so hoping someone can help.

2. mcfarfs

mcfarfs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    She should let it completely run down.

The hard drive does not need power to remember its contents, imagine your PC. Everytime you shut that down the hard drive loses all power, and yet it has no effect on it.

3. marooned

marooned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The only thing I would be concerned with is continually letting the battery run completely flat. It's ok for the first couple of charges but it's not good for lithium ion batteries. There's no memory effect so don't worry about charging at 1/2 or even 3/4.