1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD5 Realistic Battery Life

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by altecc, Aug 27, 2005.

1. altecc

altecc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What are you guys getting from your HD5s? I'm on my first charge and the battery indicator just started flashing (it's been about 24 hours).

Edit: Okay. it finally died at 1:30pm which is almost exactly 28 hours after I took it off the charger.

I'm using ATRAC3 (not plus) 132kbps using one of the 'Dgtl. Snd. Presets' to turn the bass up. I'm not changing tracks overly much so the backlight isn't coming on much. I'm just wondering how bad my 24hours really is. It's still a long time, but just over half what Sony said (admittedly, they're figures with Atrac3Plus 48kbps).

I guess after I run the player all the way down and give it one massive charge, it'll last longer.

Tom.

2. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Averaging 28-35hrs, often using shuffle, Digital Snd Presets at +3dB both ends, and volume about half way up. I use ATRAC3Plus at 64kbps, and run my player for roughly 6-8 hours a day.

3. Aargh

Aargh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Usually I get 20-25 hours, 256kbps MP3, volume on full.