1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD5 Playlists

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by danwalton, Jul 27, 2005.

1. danwalton

danwalton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
    Hi, I can't find a clear description of HD5's playlists anywhere, so could someone just explain how they work? I have an HD1 so I understand all about bookmarks. Is it possible with the HD5 to put the same song in multiple playlists? For example could I have 'Don't look back in anger' in bookmark 1 and 3 etc on the HD5? Thanks for any help! Dan

2. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can both bookmarks AND playlists on HD5. Bookmarks are playlists you make on the go (but only while tracks are playing); Playlists have to be made in SonicStage and transferred to HD5.

And yes, you can have same tracks in different playlists/bookmarks.

3. sk79

sk79
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    quick question: I've transferred all my music to my HD5 and deleted the atrac files from my pc, so my libary in SonicStage is empty.

To create these playlists, can I work straight from the HD5 or do I need to copy them back to the pc?

4. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sk79 - you need to copy them back first, sorry!

5. Hrochnick

Hrochnick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Don't copy them back from the HD5, that'll just result in them being deleted from the HD5 and you left with no music. You'll need to reburn your tracks in order to keep them on the player and make playlists. You might even need to delete them from the HD5 and re-transfer but I'm not sure about that one.

In my opinion - not a good idea to delete stuff in SS that's still on your HD5, keep everything or it'll only lead to trouble.

6. danwalton

danwalton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
    another question: so if I create a playlist in SS and transfer it to the HD5 can I then edit that playlist on the go? For example can I add and remove songs to/from the playlist on the player itself? Cheers!

7. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Afraid not.

Playlists made on SonicStage can only be edited with SonicStage. Bookmarks made on the player can only be changed on the player.

8. sazza42

sazza42

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like I won't be able to use playlists then... I have the problem of having a 20gb HD5 & an antique (but lovely) computer with a 5gb hard drive. I obviously have had to transfer tracks over to my HD5 & then delete them from my computer. No way round it I suppose...