1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD5 limited to 1 PC

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Dingledorph, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Dingledorph

Dingledorph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been ghosting the forum for a while now and appreciate all the work you guys put in to helping people out. :clap:

I have bought a NW-HD5 and I’m very pleased with it and my buttons hasn’t yet cracked (knock knock).
    My only complaint about the player is that it can only be used on one pc. I use a laptop and a desktop machine and would like to use them both freely with my HD5.

Isn’t there any way around this?

2. HMHB

HMHB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,981
    I'm sure I've read on here that people have SonicStage on more than one computer - I think you have to regiester each computer with the same Connect account or something like that.

3. jack190

jack190

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Laptop and a computer. Both have Sonicstage 3.1 on them and i have used both to upload to the player.
    Not sure if i have missed something. But i have turned off the auto update feature of sonicstage.

I also only upload to the player. I have not tried to pull tracks of the HD5 and im not sure you can.

4. hd5_host

hd5_host

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    make sure you have read this: Authorizing the Network Player

http://esupport.sony.com/perl/model-documents.pl?mdl=NWHD5&LOC=3

A new ***** invented by SONY

5. mrflabby

mrflabby
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had it for four days and used it with two computers: one at home and one at work. No problems whatsoever to upload music. I did try to download music to the computer and was given a prompt saying that as the music had not originated from that pc the process could not be completed. I'm not interested in this process though.
    PS. I did not authorise it on musicconnect or anything.