1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD5 Firmware update?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by lstar24, Aug 14, 2005.

1. lstar24

lstar24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you reckon there's any chance that Sony will release a new Firmware update to include "on-the-fly" playlists?! I was surprised to find that the HD5 didn't include this feature when I bought it!
    It's perfect for sitting round with mates, each of you queuing up a few tracks!
    I really like my HD5, but think the lack of the feature is a major issue! Also when scrolling fast through tracks I always go straight past the artist I want! Slightly annoying.

No button cracking so far! :)

//Luke*

2. ak47wong

ak47wong
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    It sort of has on-the-fly playlists, in the form of bookmarks. I'd say it's unlikely they'll add much in the way of features in a firmware update.

Andrew

3. lstar24

lstar24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mmmmmm... I wouldn't really class the bookmarks as an on-the-fly playlists - you have to be playing the song to bookmark it! Pretty useless if you want a continuous stream of music. Ah well, I can only hope!

//Luke*

4. ak47wong

ak47wong
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yes, we all do :)

And it wouldn't be that difficult to add either. When you're selecting a track from any of the search categories, notice how the Right button isn't used for anything? Wouldn't it be good if you could hold down the Right button and it pops up the Bookmark dialog just like when you hold down Up while playing back a track?

Andrew

5. Sasso

Sasso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You should be able to bookmark entire artists or albums too, in a similar way of holding down a button.

6. Hrochnick

Hrochnick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I've said exactly that before. Obviously great minds think alike...

7. Sasso

Sasso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, and obviously Sony doesn't think alike. Their minds not that great perhaps?