1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD5 file transferring

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by loser, Jun 3, 2005.

1. loser

loser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, ihope this hasnt been covered and I tried a search. but I'm confused about the file transferring. I get that musics won't play unless it's put on through sonicsstage. but can i move it from one coputer to another through explorer and then put it on in sonic stage?? and can I mve any other file throuh explorer?? so basically, will it act as a USB flahs drive thing ??

thanks

2. mcfarfs

mcfarfs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Yes you can. As long as the files are in MP3, non-encrypted WMA or WAV format, you can use Windows Explorer to drag and drop them onto the HD5, then take it home and put them on your PC hard drive. Then you can finally import them into SonicStage, and transfer them to the player. Of course, you do own the rights to the music don't you...... ;) :rolleyes:

EDIT: You can drag and drop any file onto the player, but it must be MP3 WAV or WMA for it to be compatible with the player. If it is ATRAC3, it will not play in SS on another computer for DRM reasons.

3. loser

loser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What is non-encrypted WMA?? sorry for more questions but if I have protected WMA, can I still convert them to ATRAC or MP3 and drag and drop them?

thanks...this place is a great help

4. mcfarfs

mcfarfs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I have never tried myself, but I think I am right in saying that Protected WMA files are not compatible with SS or the player.

5. loser

loser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    so my CDs that I have copied and protected accidentally might not make it? :rolleyes:

6. mcfarfs

mcfarfs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Well it is worth trying, but I dont think so.

Don't use WMA anyway, because the HD5 will not play it back. SonicStage will convert it to ATRAC3 before transferring to the player, but this takes ages and duplicates files which is annoying.