1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD5 - Confused about content when viewed as hard drive

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by twynne, Jul 8, 2005.

1. twynne

twynne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi all,

Happened to connect my HD5HS to my laptop this morning (usually connects to a desktop PC) and out of curiosity browsed the player using Explorer. It seems I have both an OMGAUDIO folder and a 'Music' folder which contains my entire library (or most of it) in WMA format. I'm not sure how this got onto the player as I've never manually placed anything on it other than via Sonicstage. Is it possible that WMP chose to sync my music onto this and I missed a prompt (or wasn't asked!) And if so am I safe in deleting the 'Music' folder?

Was surprised by the device reporting it was full when I tried to transfer tracks, and suspect this is the reason!

Thanks for any advice.

Tom

2. JB5

JB5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I would be cautious of deleting anything from your player using explorer.

I would recommend either deleting any unwanted files from within sonicstage or formatting the device and re-transferring your library (if still available).

If you were feeling brave however and you have backed up your PC library using sonicstage then give it a go!

3. sxc

sxc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I would guess that WMP synced your music. When I plug in my HD5, I get a prompt which starts the sync wizard. If you accidentally press enter it will start transferring.

4. twynne

twynne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks - I cut/pasted onto my laptop just to be sure and the player still works fine. This was definitely not something that needed to be there. Looks like a caution to anyone else... that had used up 1/3rd of the available space on the player!