1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD5 case? ( soft bag supplied)

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by shirleywhite, May 27, 2005.

1. shirleywhite

shirleywhite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Had my new hd5 approx 1 hour!! So very quick impressions. Got black one - build feels very good ( except for the sliding "door" to usb/power sockets.) You slide across at suddennly it is "hanging " by a corner !!?? I thought it was broken at first then realised it's designed that way!! Then remembered a similar door "connector/cover " on my sony p7 camera - still going strong after approx2 or 3 years!! LOL.

Quick question - the manual ( well, printed quick start guide - manual is a pdf) says under list of "enclosed" = "carrying case". I'd seen pictures ( japenese sites?) of a nice leather(look?) snug fit case with cutouts etc etc. What I got in my box was just a simple soft bag ( bit like my sony ex71 headphones came with - but without the drawstring top!!) Is that it?? Anyone got any experience of the "proporta" ( I think) case which is aluminium/leather ?! Expensive but sounds good to me!!

2. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,239
    leather cases are probably 3rd party cases. Sony only give you a rubbish fabric one. Try Noreve @ noreve.com - they are normally quick with getting a leather case out for new players - they charge £30. Go on the site + see whether they have one for the HD5 - you could take advantage of the discount in the thread @ top of forums - before June 1st

3. shirleywhite

shirleywhite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Thanks for the tip LFC!! I just wondered whether different markets get different cases?accessories?? Will check out the Noreve!!

PS am also following the "cracking buttons" posts closely. I had a picture of the first one from that thread with me when collecting mine today. The shop said "hadnt had anyone back yet with cracks" ( I know - they WOULD say that!! ) But I sort of trust them - bought a lot of sony products over the years - know the senior sales guy fairly well etc They just said "any probs in guarantee period bring it straight back" - fair enough!! ( That's Ask Electronics on Tottenham Ct Rd. London)

4. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,239
    the cracks - don't know what to say. I have had 3 Sony CD walkmans, 2 normal audio cd and 1 a MP3/Atrac player as well - no problems whatsoever but size. Probably the guy just pressed too hard!

try vaja as well (google) - good, do custom cases as well, but not sure about non-US delivery

5. johann1979

johann1979
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can get the carry case you are talking about from sony-style.co.uk for £20 - it is a PDA style carrying case, exactely like you described. :)

6. johann1979

johann1979
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    LFC_SL, go and read the thread on the cracks and you will see it has been long since it could be put down to one guy possibly pressing too hard. There are at least 4 people now who noticed these cracks after a week of normal use. :D

7. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,239
    :D :)

8. KeanosMagicHat

KeanosMagicHat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +554
    http://shop.sonystyle-europe.com/So...al&ss=show&id=NWHD5&campaignId=OTC-ODWHD5GB05

Once you have clicked the link above you might have to refresh it again for it to appear, but that is the case you were describing I think.

9. shirleywhite

shirleywhite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Thanks for info re cases etc. I've put thoughts on hold cos i'm now trying out the hd5 both with the 40elk remote ( from my nh1 md ) and a "minimalist" approach with hd5 on a neck lanyard with short wired phones - and therefore my case size needs will vary!! Will report back in a few days/week or so!!

10. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,239
  11. meddyliol

meddyliol
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    :clap:

I have just pre-ordered two cases from Noreve.com for £27(ish) each minus the discount. They will be in stock on the 4th June or so they said. The pics suggest that they will be good value and well made.

Brian :devil:

12. KeanosMagicHat

KeanosMagicHat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +554
    I only posted the link because Johann had mentioned it earlier in the thread but there are two pics of the case on that link, one with it open and one with it closed.

It seems, to me, to protect everything bar the sides of the player.