1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD5 Can't transfer music

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by schizo, Aug 6, 2005.

1. schizo

schizo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm new here and the reason for that is that my 3days old hd5 is causing serieus problems.

When I first got my hands on it I immediatly transfered everything to my player, with no problems. But I found out that some artist were showed twice or more because of minor type differences.

So I initialized my hd5 and changed everything in sonicstage so I could again transfer everything to the player but now it doesn't work anymore.

I sometimes can transfer one or two songs but they don't play correct and then the whole thing freezes and leaves me now choice then to pull out the battery.
    Also when trying to transfer a bigger list it stops most of the time just at the end and then windows tells me there's an error with the usb-device and sonicstage shows a now connection window.

Its driving me insane so if anyone could help me, preferably without the need
    of sending it back :lease:

2. Sasso

Sasso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't panic.
    Have you updated the firmware? It fixed the problem of freezing.
    Get it here and follow instructions. ( http://www.css.ap.sony.com/consumer/template/DDSummary.aspx?Id=44370&Category=Personal+Audio )

Perhaps it didn't initialise properly. Try initialising it again with sonicstage. what version of sonicstage do you use? Which country do you live in? If you live in USA then Sonicstage 3.2 has been released. Im pretty sure it has not been released officially in UK yet. Keep a lookout on the Sony website.

So, update the firmware and if that doesn't work, re format the drive.

3. Sasso

Sasso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. schizo

schizo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've already updated the firmware and sonicstage to 1.2 and 3.2 and I live in the Netherlands.
    but still it freezes all the time

5. Sasso

Sasso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok Reinitialise. Just do everything you possibly can and you are bound to fix it. It worked once, you formatted it, it stopped. Obviously the format affected it. So just mess around, format it again, check the firmware is still the latest, im not sure if there is a difference with formatting it with SS and on the player itself. Take out the batter for a while if you have to. Don't give up too easily before you take it back........

6. schizo

schizo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the cheering up

7. Sasso

Sasso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no probs, good luck and tell us if you fixed it.