1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hd3 - Tracks Skipping

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by RobinChappy, Jul 1, 2005.

1. RobinChappy

RobinChappy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone else have the problem of tracks occasionally skipping? It only happens on a few but I don't know what is causing it? I presume it is in the copying from my pc? It is a few years old & the cd drive has been used a million times!!

Intrested to here any solutions

Cheers
    Chappy

2. HMHB

HMHB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,943
    Does it always skip in the same place on the same track ? Does it skip when you play the track on the PC as well as on the Hd3 ?

3. RobinChappy

RobinChappy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It always skips on the same tracks at the same place. I've never checked on my pc so I'm off to do it now.

I imagine its probably the cd drive on my pc. Its been well used over the years. Is there anything you can do to clean the optical eye?

4. HMHB

HMHB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,943
    You could try re-ripping the tracks to see if the same problem occurs again at the same point.

5. HD3

HD3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had the problem,

I can almost guarantee it will be when it has been copyied from the CD to the PC. Probabaly a scatched or dusty disc. (you may see no damage visually)