HD3 - SS file transfer not possible

tjdewalt

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi,
I have a HD3, and it works fine... BUT here comes my problem/question:

I was visiting a friend, and ripped some of his CD's to put on my HD3. When I came home, I tried to put these CD's on my own computer, but this seemed to bee impossible... Can somebody tell me what the reason is, and is there a solution for this???

Please help me out...

Unfortunately Sonicstage doesn't allow transfer of tracks that originated from another computer, due to anti-piracy restrictions imposed by Sony (and others).

I'm not sure if there is a way round this, I thought there was, but a quick thread search was unrevealing...

Thanks Poodle,

I figured this would be a reason... makes sense in a way i guess.

Is there anyone who knows how to bypass this problem?

The honest solution would be to buy the CDs yourself as anything else would not be legal.

Wasn't there a discussion here recently saying that even that (ie. copying your own CD's etc.) wasnt legal...

Poodle said:
Wasn't there a discussion here recently saying that even that (ie. copying your own CD's etc.) wasnt legal...
If that were the case, all DAPs would be illegal ! By allowing us to buy MP3 players they are telling us that we can transfer CDs we own onto them.

JohnG,

I dont want to start a discussion about legal issues here... i think it has been covered may times already...

Let's put it this way: i bought a cd as a gift to a friend i a far far far away country. I visit him, give him the CD and decide i want to have it on my HD. i was able rip the cd, put it on my HD, but i cannot use it on my computer...

and besides: its hard to stay on the right side of the track, when they make it so hard to even copy your own legally bought cd!!!

That's why they have DRM to stop people copying music from other people's computers via a DAP and then putting it on their own computer. Even though you may buy someone a CD as a present it doesn't mean you have rights to it as well.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom