1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD3 Connector Fix

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Fencer02, May 13, 2005.

1. Fencer02

Fencer02

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    MY MY It never happens does it Sony............
    Go to http://www.sony.co.uk/PageView.do?s...1&article=1115723714577&section=en_GB_Support
    Here you will find details of how to send your HD3 back to Sony if it has a serial number between the ranges specified. This corrects a fault mentioned on this forum on several occasions in reference to the internal connector which "May become detached".....

I may become detached from Sony Products .......this HD3 is continuing to exibit traits which would identify it as having been rushed to market The HD5 is the real product ...... (Playlists Ect)

Not good enough...............

2. sacd

sacd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Great!! Mine's included.
    What was the problem anyhow?

3. FifeFlyer

FifeFlyer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not experiencing any problems.... should I send it for repair?

How long does it normally take for Sony to repair and return a unit?

I got the HD3 as a replacement from Argos as my Thomson Lyra PD2840 was "unrepairable" (the on/off button stopped working!!). I thought Sony would be reliable thus my reluctance to send my HD3 away for repair, as the saying goes "if it ain't broke; don't touch it!"

4. sacd

sacd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I think the problem we all have is this---if we don't send it in for repair and the problem manifests itself some time in the future after the guarantee has gone then we may be up a certain creek without a certain implement. But I may be wrong in thinking this.

5. mrtbag

mrtbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +395
    It does say on the site, if your serial number is in the range, send it off. If it isn't don't. It's free, and my Minidic player was turned around in 8 days when I sent it off.

6. robpok

robpok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Although my HD3 is not in that serial number range, mine stopped working (it didn't go past the "Walkman" screen when I turned it on - I think some posts here indicated that this was due to the problem that the Sony recall is talking about; the connector at the back coming loose). Anyhow I sent it back to Sony and in answer to FifeFlyer's question it took exactly 3 weeks to come back.

7. DrDweeb

DrDweeb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Min was replaced on the spot at Dixons