Hd2 & gps

WildeKarde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having just got my HD2 this week I was trying out the google maps and it always seems to be slightly out. It doesn't seem to be using the GPS at all.

When I try and search via GPS it just seems to sit there looking for satellites.
I also tried to use sportypal and again it seems to just sit looking for satellites.

To be fair I've not actually been outside when trying this but is that the issue? :confused:

I was just giving it a try before venturing out :D

I had a read through some of the main thread but couldn't find any answers, from what I read.

Having just got my HD2 this week I was trying out the google maps and it always seems to be slightly out. It doesn't seem to be using the GPS at all.

When I try and search via GPS it just seems to sit there looking for satellites.
I also tried to use sportypal and again it seems to just sit looking for satellites.

To be fair I've not actually been outside when trying this but is that the issue? :confused:

I was just giving it a try before venturing out :D

I had a read through some of the main thread but couldn't find any answers, from what I read.

You'll need to be outside or at least close to a Window :), otherwise it just triangulates your position with mobile towers.

You just answered your own question. GPS needs relativity direct view of the satellites to get a lock. The HD2 is using Assisted GPS to find its location and when indoors relys on the signals from your service provider to triangulate its location which in turn is dependant on how many masts it can communicate with for the accuracy of the location.

Ok - that's a simple solution outside only to get the GPS to work :D

If you can't see the sky above you from where you're standing, GPS wont work :)

Outside, also sometimes the clouds or the fog are making some difficulties

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom