1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD2 DLP with 2.6 throw ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ijwoo1, Jan 19, 2003.

1. ijwoo1

ijwoo1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does any one know of an HD2 based DLP projector that either comes as standard with a long throw lens or where its available as an option ?

I'm looking to replace my Sim HT200 which currently projects onto a 7FT 16:9 screen from 18FT.

I might be able to reduce the lens-screen distance to 17FT (2.5 throw) but a 2.6 throw would be ideal ?

2. ijwoo1

ijwoo1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I forgot to mention that another option is that the projector goes between the viewer and the screen and off to one side which would allow me a much smaller throw but how much horizontal keystone could I typically apply ?

The HT300+ for example allows +/-21 degress of adjustment (I think). At 12FT from the screen does this mean I could have the projector offset to left/right of the screen centre upto 54" ? That sounds a lot so I don't think I'm calculating it correctly.

If it is possible to offset left/right do you end up with one side of the image brighter than the other or any other side effects ?