1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD15 pinouts

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by alpha10, May 19, 2004.

1. alpha10

alpha10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Hi all,

This weekend I am going to be messing around making up some custom cables from the DVD (component prog scan) to projector.

So I’m going from 3x RCA to HD15 could someone just confirm for me that the only pins I need to connect up are as follows:

VGA, HD15 PLUG END:
    pin1= red
    pin2= green
    pin3= blue
    pin6=red ground
    pin7=green ground
    pin8=blue ground

I don’t think I have to do anything else, but having read so much stuff (after searching the forums :D ), I’m a little confused if I need to ground pin10 to the shell, and or link 13/14?

Cheers

2. MarkHudds

MarkHudds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi, unless your projector has the unusual capability of accepting component (YUV) on the RGB pins of the HD15 VGA connector then I don't think this will work ...

The HD15 is for RGBHV signals (like from a PC) and not YUV component.

Does your projector not have 3 RCA's for component input?

3. alpha10

alpha10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply..

[snip]
    Hi, unless your projector has the unusual capability of accepting component (YUV) on the RGB pins of the HD15 VGA connector
    [snip]

That is exactly what the Themescene H30 can do :D and why I called the connector a HD15 and tried to avoid the VGA confusion....

I have actually tried this and it works fine, I was just unsure if it was better to still ground the pin10 to the chassis or not (I haven't yet)?

Cheers

4. rubadub

rubadub

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anybody know if those are all the pins required. My plasma is arriving today and I have no cables! I plan on making a makeshift cable, just sticking 75 ohm coax into the pins from my pc to the plasma (panasonic 6W) but want to know the amount of wires I need