1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD1 to a HD5... why isnt there a 'group' option?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by qweenuz, Aug 2, 2005.

1. qweenuz

qweenuz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI, i recently upgraded from a hd1 to a hd5, and im already wishing i never had. The only reason being, that i cant view my songs, the same way. I used the group option with my Hd1, and that meant- i could put together a group of songs like chill out songs and upbeat songs and listen to them when i was in the mood, ive found that the hd5 wont allow me to have any groups? only lets me listen to albums and artists, is this something that i can fix? please help.!

2. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,211
    They changed (or rather left) it to standard albums....due to consumer pressure I assume. As thats what every other DAP has

3. marooned

marooned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I never really understood the whole groups thing, found it to be a pita. The hd5 excels in that now you've got playlists. Just upgraded to the hd5hs, what a steal at £179. Must have been a goof cause now they're out of stock and the price has shot back up to £209. Glad I jumped on it when I did. Very impressed with the improvements over the hd3. Cheers

4. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I think playlists replace Groups, as that's something of an industry standard.

5. qweenuz

qweenuz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    really, thats good info, thanks. ive neva really used the playlist function. but ill give it a try

6. Sasso

Sasso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Also there is the Genre selecting.....so for those songs you have that are "Chillout" you can change their Genre to Chillout and you have a group right there.
    But I do think they should add an Album or Artist Bookmarking system as well as tracks....And a searching function for them too....its hard to navigate especially after is starts going warp speed and you go straight past your artist.

7. qweenuz

qweenuz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    lol, yeh i noticed the warp speed thingy, just didnt go at a sensible speed, u dnt knw where its gna end up

8. Sasso

Sasso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah if it stayed at the normal scrolling rate before it goes warp speed it would be good, i keep having to hold it for short bursts, takes ages....might as well just press the button 100 times....then they'll probably crack in half completely.

9. qweenuz

qweenuz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    finaly used the group option..and it works, thankyou guys!