HD1 problem...

HDPete

Suddenly, since the introduction of the PS3, my HD1 will not lock onto an HDMI signal. It reports 'frequency out of range'. I have a single HDMI cable running to the HD1.

I reset the PS3's video setting but made no difference. I reconnected my Meridian G91 DVD player and got the start up screen with a green mist overlay. This went off and I got the 'freq out of range' error again.

Therefore, I don't think that this is a source issue.

I've power cycled the projector and tried both HDMI inputs on the PJ.

What could be the problem?

*edit*
Great. And now I've switched HDMI inputs on the HD1, my Meridian is displaying 'No CPPM key' which I think is a return to base error with the decryption key. All items were powered off when connecting / disconnecting. This may be a warning to others when switching HDMI.

Still no signal.

Pete.

Cool-hand

Hi

I can't answer this, sorry. But Im sure Elliot at PJ Hifi would be able to sort this problem out with no hassles!

Rgds

CH

UrbanT

Distinguished Member
All my kit is connected to a Lumagen, which is then connected to the HD1 on HDMI input 2.

Everytime I change source, I get the 'Out of Frequency' message with a blue screen which normally lasts around 3-4 seconds, then the signal locks on and everything is fine. Just thought I'd mention it, but not sure it helps :(

Avi

Distinguished Member
Suddenly, since the introduction of the PS3, my HD1 will not lock onto an HDMI signal. It reports 'frequency out of range'. I have a single HDMI cable running to the HD1.

I reset the PS3's video setting but made no difference. I reconnected my Meridian G91 DVD player and got the start up screen with a green mist overlay. This went off and I got the 'freq out of range' error again.

Therefore, I don't think that this is a source issue.

I've power cycled the projector and tried both HDMI inputs on the PJ.

What could be the problem?

*edit*
Great. And now I've switched HDMI inputs on the HD1, my Meridian is displaying 'No CPPM key' which I think is a return to base error with the decryption key. All items were powered off when connecting / disconnecting. This may be a warning to others when switching HDMI.

Still no signal.

Pete.

I have HD DVD and PS3 via a Octava HDMI switch and apart from the initial blue screen whilst they handshake (similar also happens on my other displays) there's no problem. I've also swapped HDMI devices between HD1's HDMI 1 and 2 inputs several times without any issues.

Do you switch the player and PJ off when switching cables ?

AVI

HDPete

Oh yes. Seen too many issues with not switching things off 1st in my career.

Both sources have been working fine for a while (Meridian G91 and PS3) and I had got used to the message for switching sources and the ocassional PS3 resolution change when loading games, but this is now a permanent resident.

The only thing I haven't tried is a different cable as I haven't another one to try. But this is a very high quality 12m one provided by Joe Fernand and has been fine to date.

Thanks for the early feedback all! It makes a difference when your techie AV world collapses around your ears in situations like this. :smashin:

I've emailed Elliot and the URL to this thread, so we'll see what he can come up with. The bugger is that my Meridian is now dead and will probably need a return to the factory.

Will keep you posted.
Pete.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom