1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD1 firmware upgrade

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by degringo, Mar 1, 2005.

1. degringo

degringo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Afternoon,

I'm in the market for a new MP3 player and the HD3 comes at the top of my list. However, I'd quite like the HD1 as it has a docking station instead of a cable.

If you pay for the HD1 to get a firmware upgrade does it make the software the same as the HD3? or are their any sutal differences?

Thanks for any answers.

2. martincousins11

martincousins11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure the software upgrade is THE same as the HD3, but SOny says it will upgrade the Sound EQ, and will upgrage the Playing options so if you opt the HD1 then get upgrade then can't imagine players to be much different.

I own HD3 but i think the HD1 is much better looking. I'm not so bothered about docking.

3. nimrodity

nimrodity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i got my hd1 today back from upgrading,and i dont see any difference in the menu to the hd3,but i have big problems gettiing music on it sonicstage crashes often and lots of tracks dont transfer without any reason,the vaio tool is a little better,but i dont know how to transfer with WMP10.But my biggest problem is the awkward transfer itself ,i cant transfer lot of tracks in a good speed every few seconds the transfer stops for a while then continues and then stops...I need up to 10 minutes for about 80 tracks,that is much too long or not

4. mushroom

mushroom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I phoned Sony Poland today to see if they can upgrade my HD1 and gues what. Yes, they can do this, but I have to pay about 36 Euro for it!!

5. mimoid

mimoid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, it's a bit expensive, but 36 Euro???? I payed 15 Euro for my upgrade here in Sweden.

Tom

6. SuperSaiyan4

SuperSaiyan4
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Sony are starting to cheese me off, they say its MP3 playable yet apparently some features are different from country to country I mean like what??? Also Why should we pay for an upgrade???

Aslo I am getting upset as this is my second expensive sony player that sometimes says that a track is not playable! I mean why??

7. nasanu

nasanu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Claim down goku

Firstly all the hd1s or hd2, hd3s are the same no matter where you buy them. Secondly where I live (australia) the firmware upgreade is covered by warranty. And I have never had any track not play.