1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD1 DLPs

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by docsmith2k1, May 6, 2002.

1. docsmith2k1

docsmith2k1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi All
    I am interested in buying a DLP projector and would be interested in a pj containing the new HD1 chip. Currently this seems to be the SIM2 HT300, the sharp, and the marantz. I have not seen any of them, but was mighty impressed with the SIM2 HT200DM, and am therefore tending towards this model. Any thoughts anyone??

2. paulsa

paulsa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    docsmith,i `ve not seen the HT300 but i have previewed the HT200DM, in my opinion the sharp knocks the spots off it....but then at the price difference it should, i`ve heard a couple of comments saying the HT300 is more than a match for the sharp, i`ve seen the sharp in action,and ,well............. i get mine on wednesday;)

3. docsmith2k1

docsmith2k1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Where did you see the sharp - and what kind of price are you paying for it. I have seen the marantz for 7k, and the Sim2 for 9k, but cant find the sharp.

4. paulsa

paulsa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i saw the sharp at Stereo Stereo (gordon`s place) in Glasgow,he`s a frequent poster on this forum, especially on the crt side ,as i said i was really impressed by it.....i am genuinely sorry i could not purchase it from him, but the UK price for it ,is ridiculous,compared to elsewhere,so i imported my own.

5. docsmith2k1

docsmith2k1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I agree about the prices. Ive seen the Marantz on the pricejapan website for 4000 dollars. I did wonder about personal import but was worried about tax, duties and what to do if it goes wrong. Still the price differential is substantial. What was your experience of personal importation