1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD1 and dodgy battery

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Ekko Star, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +374
    My 6mth old HD1 has started to play up on the battery. Has recently been lasting for only an hour after a full charge. I did leave it unused for a period of a month and a half at some point.

I bought it from Argos so guess I'll have to take it back. Anyone had experience of dealing with Argos on items like this after this length of time ? Bit gutted as I really like the HD1 :(

2. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,211
    tried contacting Sony? shouldn't be going after only 6 months? unless you've been using it like a crazed madman... :D

3. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +374
    Normal 1hr a day usage to be honest and only been charged maximum 2 times a month since I've had it.

Took it back to Argos today and they instantly gave me the equivalent vouchers. Had the HD3 and the HD5 in silver, but I dont like Silver. Oh well :cool:

4. thx25

thx25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Argos is pretty good on returns. It probably should have been sent away for repair but this way you got free use out of it. Although if they were not going to replace it and did not offer a reapair you did not have to accept gift vouchers!

5. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +374
    I had no choice but to take the vouchers ? I have been back and told them that they don't have what I want and they couldn't repair it or replace it. Apparently it's policy not to refund ?

Just don't fancy a HD5 in silver :mad: