HD-XA1 Advice Please

PGYEOMANS73

Standard Member
Hi

Finally lost all will-power and ordered an HD-XA1 from Movietyme - Very excited about getting it (along with Sky HD next Wednesday) but would like some advice regarding the firmware.

Will this need updating - If so what is the safest way to do it and what benefits will it give me?

I saw a broken one on eBay sometime ago and the seller was saying he'd destroyed it updating the Firmware (I think) so that has kind of worried me.....

Any direct advice or links to previous threads that will answer my concerns etc would be much appreciated.

Best Regards - Paul (YEMONDO)

PGYEOMANS73

Standard Member
juniper said:
Do you know which firmware version they will be supplying the player with?
I'm really not sure; is there a certain firmware that will be 'okay' to stay as-is and one that would require, in your opinion, an upgrade?

Thanks - P

juniper

I can't advise you myself, as I still do not have my player yet, although someone else can perhaps? My question was as to whether they have advised you of which version it would be - I would assume they would be providing it with the latest firmware, which should in theory at least should always be the "best", and that appears to be currently 2.0.

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
You're unlikely to get a player with firmware v2.0 as that has only just been released (and not officially yet)! You will probably find that it comes with either v1.3 or v1.4. You will be quite happy staying with either of these firmware revisions but you'd be missing out if you didn't upgrade.

Get your player, get it setup into your system, enjoy a few movies and then start thinking about upgrading to v2.0. By that time it will have been officially released and detailed instructions will be on the forum. It really is very easy though...

PGYEOMANS73

Standard Member
Rasczak said:
You're unlikely to get a player with firmware v2.0 as that has only just been released (and not officially yet)! You will probably find that it comes with either v1.3 or v1.4. You will be quite happy staying with either of these firmware revisions but you'd be missing out if you didn't upgrade.

Get your player, get it setup into your system, enjoy a few movies and then start thinking about upgrading to v2.0. By that time it will have been officially released and detailed instructions will be on the forum. It really is very easy though...

Many thanks for this - I'll do just as you advise.

Regards - Paul

rover2002

Novice Member
You can either, A)Connect the Tosh to the net and update firmware or, B)Download the file from one of the sites thats offering it and update it yourself.
I'm not sure if the site you bought the unit from will forward you a copy of the firmware but there is no harm in asking :)