HD Writer AE 3.0 problems

n8384

Established Member
Reaction score
Just got HDC-SD900 today and it comes with version 3.0. Having issues when trying to copy to Pc, I keep getting an error saying Windows encountered a problem and closes the program. Did windows update as well and it installed Win7 SP1 amongst other updates.

So then changed recording format to iframe, took a 3 min video, and downloads on the Mac with no issues.

I want to use the windows Pc to keep the recordings at 1080/50p setting.

My Pc is couple of years old, dell dimension, 1gb Nvidia card, core duo 2 2.13ghz and 2gb memory..

Any ideas??

I'm guessing it's to do with permission levels that the software needs to write to your PC's HDD.

At some point during the software installation, it should request permission to access the folders designated for capturing video/photos.

So you might be having issues with Microsoft's UAC - which wouldn't be the first time...obviously you've got full admin rights haven't you ?

I've not had problems with my W7 Pro system.

Hi
I am full admin on the Pc, but might be worthwhile reinstalling. Thus far i have only managed to get the video by copying it directly from the removable disk that appears when I connect the camcorder...

Hi,

I'am having the same problem with Windows7 and HD writer. Is the solution for the problem as described above?

Regards,
Pedro

I got HD Writer AE 2.0. Is there anywhere I can download HD Writer AE 3.0 ? (ideally free and no patching)

Hi
I am full admin on the Pc, ...

Are you sure?? You may have an admin account, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you have full admin rights. The only account under Windows 7 (and Windows Vista) that has full admin rights (actually it is a 'super user' account) is the 'administrator' account (which is disabled and hidden by default).

I had the same problem, but it is solved:
I keep getting an error saying Windows encountered a problem and closes the program.

With good response from Panasonic Netherlands (Thanks Ad) we found that PowerISO is causing this problem.
Just disable your virtual drives controlled by PowerISO and HD Writer AE 3.0 works perfect. Alternatively you can use MagicISO/MagicDisk if you need to have virtual drives. This tool causes no problems with HD Writer AE 3.0.

HTH

regards
Tinus

I got HD Writer AE 2.0. Is there anywhere I can download HD Writer AE 3.0 ? (ideally free and no patching)

I think that you will find that the "version numbers" are not upgrades, but refer to the software necessary to handle different camera models.
If your cam needs HD Writer 2, then HD Writer 3 probably wont work properly with your files.

I had the same problem, but I solved it:

in >control panel>Programs > Rum programs made for previous version of Windows
"Start program"
..choose program from list.
computer run program under windows XP SP2 (I have Win7 Pro at the moment)..
..success..

you can try too.

Hi,
thx so much for this hint. It seems UltraIso and other Image Mounting Software cause the same problem. Good to have people like you posting their experiance / knowledge. thx! :hiya:

With good response from Panasonic Netherlands (Thanks Ad) we found that PowerISO is causing this problem.
Just disable your virtual drives controlled by PowerISO and HD Writer AE 3.0 works perfect. Alternatively you can use MagicISO/MagicDisk if you need to have virtual drives. This tool causes no problems with HD Writer AE 3.0.

HTH

regards
Tinus

I had the same problem, but I solved it:

in >control panel>Programs > Rum programs made for previous version of Windows
"Start program"
..choose program from list.
computer run program under windows XP SP2 (I have Win7 Pro at the moment)..
..success..

you can try too.

Thank you so much for this solution. It solved all of my problems with HD Writer AE 3.0 on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

thanks a lot Tinus
I have TM700 and AEwriter 2.1.
Same applies here...

HTH

regards
Tinus

This works well. PowerISO might be a bit of a pain to disable this drive, so make sure you go into the configuration and disable it. Right clicking on it and disabling from the right-click menu did not work, it kept ignoring the disable.

All this begs the question: Why do you need it?

You can easily drag the *.MTS files directly on to your computer and then use whatever editor you wish to sort them out.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom