• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HD Writer AE 2.0 is using only half of 25gb BD

Hodofca

Standard Member
Hi. Can someone explain me how HD Writer AE is calculating how much can go to a single Blu-ray disc? For me it's just crazy. Months ago i've recorded more than 19gb on a single 25gb disc which is ok. Today i want to write another disc and i can't add more material than 12gb (and it is on a 25gb disc). I'ts sick :eek: Why it's happening?
Screens:
1BD:

10c044563802b1c9med.jpg

And here after adding another 200mb (now it says i need 2 discs):
7a4debcf9ae9bba6med.jpg

Anyone had similar problems before?

LittleGreyCat

Standard Member
I had a similar problem with dual layer DVDs - two DVDs each half full.

Provisionally tracked it down to using DVD+R blanks when only DVD-R is supported.

Then again, it may be a bug - I haven't tried with DVD-R yet.

Have you checked the documentation to confirm your format of blank is supported?

Oh, and has anyone managed to upgrade from their original version of HD Wrtiter to a newer one?

Hodofca

Standard Member
I'm using the same disc's all the time. There was no problem before. Maybe it's a matter of some extra drivers or something? I didn't tried using Nero as HD Writer is default one and should work. I remember i was initializing BD disc on another program (nero or so) and this time i initialised in HD Writer...maybe it's initialisation problem..hmm

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom