• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HD V+ Box connecting with a Jamo DMR61

kingjohno

Standard Member
I've got a Jamo DMR 61 which I need to connect to a V+ Box.

Currently both are connected, and then to the TV via Scart cables, however if I want Virgins HD content, I need to connect via HDMI.

The Jamo has HDMI out (which I'm not currently using).

I was thinking that the best way could be to connect the V+ Box to the TV through HDMI, and then connect the audio via the red and white audio leads (to the Jamo).

Can anybody help me out as to whether this is the right way to do it? I may also buy a HDMI splitter so I can use the Jamo and V+ box through HD.

Cheers,

M Johnson

kingjohno

Standard Member
Just in case you don't understand what I'm babbling on about!

This is what we have now:

Scart connectors.

14051008.png

This is what I think I need:

HDMI connect to TV.
Audio left and right from V+ to Speaker System .

17051008.png

Chilly Willy

Hi Kingjohno,

To connect V+ box and Jamo system to TV via HDMI - you could use this I am using it to connect V+ box and my Home cinema system.

If you need more HDMI cables try here.

If your Jamo system has an Digital Optical input you could connect the V+ box to it via this cable - this will give you 5.1 sound from any channel outputting the 5.1 signal.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Will

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom