HD ts frameskipping

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by chrisc0le, Mar 27, 2006.

1. chrisc0le

chrisc0le

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi all
    Now this might be due to the fact i'm just testing the connection on a SD tv ( hope so ).
    I got my 360 the other night, set it all up configured my MCE pc and the xbox and now the media centre connects fine etc. I could nto play the .ts extensioned files on the 360 so i renamed to .mpg and the 1st coupld i tried worked fine. so i tried a few more and discovered that on one or two ( so far ) the audio plays fine but a large chunk of frames are skipped every second.
    I did think well this might be a PAL 50/60 Hz problem and changed the setting on my 360 it still did it!. NOTE: i do get some error or other about not having the right components installed to play radio or video?? NOW as i mentioned earlier i am only testing on a portable SD TV to get the settings right before my LCD arrives ( i also have on order a VGA cable for my 21" sony monitor ) so it might all work fine when these are connected but if anyone has had this problem and can confirm what it is i'd be gratefull :smashin:

TIA

Chris

2. drevil2nd

drevil2nd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    you dont rename to mpeg, leaves as ts files and install hdtvpump on your pc.

Then they play fine

3. chrisc0le

chrisc0le

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    yeah that was the 1st thing i did. wouldnt play on the 360 they just showed as an icon with a vid camera on it.. the 360 would not play these.

I just checked the properties of my ts files and it seems the trend is that the ones with 29.97fps are the ones skipping.

4. 2scoops

2scoops

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Because your showing HD on a SD telly your 360 is having to downscale the HD signal which takes a lot of processing power, the 360 will handle downscaling WMV - HD but not 1080 TS files

5. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    The xbox 360 has plenty of processing power. Its nothing to do with that.

Re-install hdtv pump, renaming to mpg is probably causing the problems, or your network. is it wired? anyone else downloading or using the network when you tried?

mine run perfectly on 480p so its not that!

6. 2scoops

2scoops

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    were you playing ts files in 1080 ? or WMV - HD

my 360 stuggled to play ts files on 1080 when on normal TV mode - switched to HD and they played back fine

7. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    TS

480p is still an HD mode technically, so that may be why (no interlacing to do)