HD Transfer Kit - Does it Transfer Licenses?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by SportiveUK, Jan 13, 2008.

1. SportiveUK

SportiveUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    As my second Premium has given up on me I decided to buy an Elite. I will get the Premium repaired but I have loads of content & XBLA games that I want to transfer to the new machine. I have read carefully all the details on the MS website but my understanding of what I read is that even though the transfer kit copies everything from one drive to another, you still can't use your content while offline.

I have issue with this as the Elite is my 3rd 360 and I now have a mixture of content from the original 2 machines. I think it is unfair that I can't access what I have paid for if I am offline and taking the last month as an example I would have had real problems.

I phoned support who assured me that if I used the transfer cable I would be able to use everything offline if necessary. Can anyone that has used the kit confirm this or otherwise as there is no point going through the whole process if it won't make any difference?

2. Paranoid

Paranoid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    The HD transfer cable makes no difference. You still need to be online to play anything you previously bought on a different console. Whoever you spoke clearly doesn't have a clue and shouldn't of told you that.

3. SportiveUK

SportiveUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    He actually went away to "check for sure" that he was right but he clearly lied. I shall be ringing them back again.....