HD to HD copying

johnboyfully

Standard Member
Anyone know if it possible to copy from one HD box to another HD box, there-by keeping the HD quality? A friend says he'll copy a footy match from his HD box but it won't then be in HD.

mentm

You can copy from one hard drive to another using copy+ but obviously you will lose anything on your box and would have to take them apart / use pc to do this. The files are encrypted so can only be played through a sky box.

There are hd recorders about but these are expensive and I forget the name.... Think it was hauppauge.

choddo2006

Distinguished Member
... and they'll only play back on the same card (and possibly box)

Basically, no.

If he's got a box with component out, as mentioned above, you can get component capture devices for PCs and do it that way, but you lose some quality as it's going over analog and it's a big hassle anyway.

Oh and if he does record it to (say) a DVD recorder over SCART it's SD resolution but it's still a lot better than a normal SD broadcast.

Last edited:

johnboyfully

Standard Member
Thanks to you both. Yes, I should have remembered to record the match on MY HD box! Scunthorpe v Millwall League 1 play off final at Wembley on Sunday by the way (3-2 to Scunny) :)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom