1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD Test

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Dirk_Diggler, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Dirk_Diggler

Dirk_Diggler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are there any decent HD DVD's out there i can try on my projector or is there a site i can find a selection of this type of movie on? I'm dying to try HD on my projector. :confused:

2. stripe

stripe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +123
  3. monopole

monopole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. cybrey

cybrey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Dirk the only way you'll get HD onto your PJ is buying using a PC. HD-DVDs don't exist yet ( well the technology exists but its not mainstream in the UK), so your only option is to download HD samples using the websites provided above. If you're going to do this please ensure you have a machine powerful to display them, it requires a powerful machine.

TBH I think your approach is a bit arse about face. Its abit like shutting the barn door after the horse has bolted, you've already bought your PJ so why try to find faults. IF you really are worried about this type of content then when you were demo'ing your PJ you should have included HD material in your demo material list. Without comparing it to other PJs I'm not entirely sure what your hoping to achieve ? Your PJ will display the source and thats about all your going to be able to say, without any comparison.

5. stryker

stryker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had much success playing HD clips from my PC to the PJ. Just make sure you run at max res such as XGA 1024 x 768 over the PCs svga output, and make sure your clips are not heavily compressed :)

6. Neil in Bristol

Neil in Bristol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Blimey - he only said he'd like to look at some HD material on his PJ!

7. Dirk_Diggler

Dirk_Diggler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Exactly what i thought. Will just have to wait until i get the XBox 360. I've only got th H30a Projector which won't show true HD but i'm sure it will show an improved picture anyways. Just curious. :rolleyes:

8. cybrey

cybrey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    My comment stemmed from this thread which Dirk started a week ago basically he was concerned about what HD material would look like on his PJ.

9. Dirk_Diggler

Dirk_Diggler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Calm your pants. :confused: