HD sub probs

ollymoran

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi,

had engineer out yesterday to replace our +HD box he said the subscription channels take 24hrs to come through, so waited 24hrs and nothing. Found out that they had come through on my stepsons +HD box and not our main one. So I called up sky to try and sort it out and they said that as from 1st september if you pay for one subscription you can have your subcription HD channels on as many boxes as you like. I cannot find anything on the internet about this at all so am wondering if they are right. Has anyone else heard this is happening? If it is will my box update on its own??

You are obviously not very good at searching the internet then - a Google search on "sky multiroom hd sub" returns dozens of confirmations that Sky are dropping the second and further HD subs on multiroom HD boxes and one HD sub covers the whole house regardless of how many multiroom subbed HD boxes you have. It should automatically happen on your box during tomorrow.

One, you didn't see an engineer, and two, the installer was totally wrong about channels coming through in 24 hours - he should have ensured they were working immediately, before he left.
The matter of the HD pack covering more than one machine from tomorrow is a separate thing, but it IS all over the net, and the press.

Last edited:
Well am still waiting for hd channels to come on patiently that sky said would happen when I called them last night. And I believe them

Well am still waiting for hd channels to come on patiently that sky said would happen when I called them last night. And I believe them

If you are referring to the automatic HD update then I am still waiting for my second HD box to be updated but they do have several million boxes to update today with all the entertainment pack and HD upgrades. If you are referring to your SD subscription channels then that should have come on within 4 hours maximum of installation - the signals are sent almost immediately initially then repeated after 3 to 4 hours in case there was interference the first time.

Last edited:
My subcription channels. They have come on but to a different +hd box!! Not the main one they were on. I did call sky they told me about the update today and basically told me to wait and I should get them back.

SD subscription channels then that should have come on within 4 hours maximum of installation
Isn't the installer supposed to ensure that they are working before he leaves?

Isn't the installer supposed to ensure that they are working before he leaves?

apparently so people have said but i didnt know that at the time i thought it was a simple process and I would get the channels when it updated itself. going to get on the phone to them AGAIN if they are not there tomorrow.

The idea is that he calls up Sky, they send the activation signal, and he checks that it's worked for all channels.

he did do a call back? Is that the same thing? They send through activation signals last night when i called them but this didnt work

What did the "call back" consist of?
The activation signal that they sent for you should have worked right away, as it would have done for him, so what are Sky intending to do about the failure to work?

The call back consisted of him going to the installer menu services then install and it did the call back. He also did a software upgrade. sky told me just to wait and it will update as it changes on 1st but nothing has happened. (as I thought) just don't know why my subscription hd channels ended up on stepsons box and not mine. Something they've up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you mean that what the installer did in that menu involved the machine making a phone call to Sky?
As you say, and as I've said in the other thread you've posted this on, Sky have - er, messed - things up, and my recommendation is to get a strong complaint in to them on the form at MySky.

I will put in a complaint. They have finally sorted it only took 3 days. Said something about my main +hd box not being the primary box. Funny that cos my account was perfect till they interfeared!

yes he went through services menu and got the box to make a call to sky.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a matter of principle to me not to let them get away with things, so that's the right thing to do imho.
When he did that call back he ought to have ensured that it had worked!

God knows how it also got mixed up with the other viewing card in the other box.

Sky moves in mysterious ways.

I always make sure that they sort out mine - and I've made plenty. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom