1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD STB -> SD TV

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by jat, Feb 21, 2005.

1. jat

jat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have a widescreen standard definition TV that supports SCART inputs of RGB or s-video. Apparently the RGB input is 576i. I recently purchased a High definition set top box that supports the following outputs:

S-video
    YPbPr - 1080i(1125), 1080i(1250), 576p, or 576i
    RGB - 1080i(1125), 1080i(1250), 1152i

I would like to connect the two using something better than s-video. I would appreciate any advice people can give on the options for connecting via the SCART RGB / Component.

Many thanks in advance.

James

2. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +284
    Hi James,

I'm afraid you are going to have to upgrade to a new TV if you wish to view full HD 1080i signals from your new STB. I expect the new STB will also provide a down-converted SD signal to be output to SD res TVs using RGB Scart, S-video or component (YPbPr). RGB Scart will not carry HD signals, but VGA (HD15) and component will. Hope this helps.

Steve

3. jat

jat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info Steve.

I was hoping that because the STB supports YPbPr at 576i and the TV supports RGB at 576i there would be some way to connect these two so that I can get a better picture than through svideo. Is there any way that I would be able to do this?

Thanks

James