HD sender advice please

Giliberti

Novice Member
I've just moved into a new build, and I'm looking to distribute my sky hd signal to at least two other TVs.
I really don't want the hassle of wires everywhere so I was looking down the wireless hd sender route. If the sender can power from a USB connection, then even better.
Does anyone have any suggestions for decent senders please.
Any help would be much appreciated

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
So long as the TVs are only about 5M away from each other and nobody moves, uses the microwave or makes a phone call, you should be fine...

Cards on the table, I have yet to find a sender that did a good job reliably. They either did not work at all, or broke up randomly at far less distance than the manual said they would.

If the TV locations already have TV aerial points, I would look at an HD DVB modulator and squirt the signal along the aerial lines instead.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Time to get the drill out - as others say Wireless HD is just too unpredictable.

Joe

Giliberti

Novice Member
So long as the TVs are only about 5M away from each other and nobody moves, uses the microwave or makes a phone call, you should be fine...

Cards on the table, I have yet to find a sender that did a good job reliably. They either did not work at all, or broke up randomly at far less distance than the manual said they would.

If the TV locations already have TV aerial points, I would look at an HD DVB modulator and squirt the signal along the aerial lines instead.
I like the sound of the hd dvb modulator. Is there any further info you can give me on his please?

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
£300 as per the link. Essentially, you connect the HDMI output of the Sky box to the modulator and the aerial output into your antenna system. Up in the loft - or wherever the cables join up, you have an aerial distribution amp, which takes the signal from the modulator and distributes it to your TVs. You then just do a re-tune on the TVs and you should be able to receive the Sky signal in HD.

You will probably need one more cable installing from the aerial to the input of the modulator - if you want to keep terrestrial signals, but that will be all and this is normally easy to run in.

Giliberti

Novice Member
Still requires some work but must be more reliable than wireless senders and is seems easier than feeding hdmi connections everywhere. Thanks for the advice. Will look into this.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom