HD Ready, but when's steady & GO????

A

Adderson

OK so SKY HD won't be with us until first quarter next year but I've just bought a new HD ready Plasma so how do I get a HD picture on it to see the thing in it's glory? I've not got a PC running on it, is there any other way?
How hard can it be to get the new HD DVD's in the stores?
What's the hold up??? If the US & the Japs have HD TV now then why have we not got at least the first wave of HD DVD's though yet?? IS the technology that different?

ianh64

The requirement for HD ready has been around for a about two years now. It is a requirement of upscaling DVD players as licensed by the DVD forum - these scale up DVD's to output a high definition picture over HDMI or DVI. An upscaling DVD player can allow you to see your existing DVD's in a new light, but it depends on the quality of the scaling in the source player compared with the scaling in the display itself. But it is not true HD, but when done well, is a very good alternative especially if you have a large DVD library already.

We have also had HD satellite for some while ... Euro1080, now HD1 is one example.

A

Adderson

Thanks for the response.
Is that the case then for say the Denon 1920 DVD player?
Is it worth moving from my exsisting mid range Sony player to say the 1920 via HDMI to see a difference or to wait for a true HD DVD player??

Drew2

It also depends if you want to upgrade your DVD collection as well! I haven't read anywhere that the new HDDVD players also upscale SD discs.

evolution400

Drew2 said:
It also depends if you want to upgrade your DVD collection as well! I haven't read anywhere that the new HDDVD players also upscale SD discs.
If you have a modded xbox use that cheap solution if you alreday have one you can get them used now for cheap also

D

DannyLizard

Just buy yourself a PC or if you have one hook it up to the plasma, there is bucket loads of HD stuff out there to make your TV shine :)

dunsters

The only HD stuff I can find are trailers and clips - mainly via the M/soft site.:confused: If you know any other sites that offer legit HD films for download or to buy in English can you let me know or, if you prefer, can you PM me?:thumbsup:

Many thanks

Cheers:hiya:

M

Mole69

Can anyone recommend a DVD Recorder which upscales to 720p and 1080i, and which accepts an RGB signal from a SKY Digibox, and outputs RGB to a display, and has a 160Gb HDD?

Top Bottom