HD Ready 1080p logo and Full HD

norge

Established Member
Reaction score
Would like to confirm what is the difference between the above.

Thanks

Nothing. Both are generally regarded as ways of saying the TV has a resolution of 1920x1080 physical pixels, and is capable of receving HD signals into its HDMI socket.

I disagree, HD ready means it can recive HD signals but doesnt mean that the panal is 1080P My 2 year old Plasma is HD Ready it can accept 1080I over DVI etc but it scales it down to 480P

IMO :)

I disagree, HD ready means it can recive HD signals but doesnt mean that the panal is 1080P My 2 year old Plasma is HD Ready it can accept 1080I over DVI etc but it scales it down to 480P
Then it's not HD Ready. "HD Ready" (EICTA logo) implies that the screen must have at least 720 lines of physical vertical resolution, and that it must be able to accept 1080i and 720p signals, at both 50Hz and 60Hz, via a digital input that supports HDCP. It may also require that it be able to do the same thing via component, I forget.

However, the original poster asked specifically about "HD Ready 1080p" which is a more recent classification and implies all of the above plus a 1920x1080 physical resolution and the ability to accept 1080p signals.

I think that for practical purposes "full HD" means the same thing. The "HD Ready" logo is officially defined and monitored by the EICTA, whereas "full HD" is purely a marketing term. But they mean the same thing.

http://www.eicta.org/index.php?id=731

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom