HD Question

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by d3moliti0n, Feb 11, 2009.

Tags:
  1. d3moliti0n

d3moliti0n

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi

Is the LG M1994D a HD TV? As it is only 19". Next, will Blu-Ray's look any good on this TV when played through a PS3 (through HDMI) at like 720p/1080p (upscaled)?

Thanks for your help.

2. Gadgetcity

Gadgetcity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    You can display 720p pictures so yes, you can call it a HDTV if you like. It seems closer to a PC monitor though.
    Only being 19" means that if you want the benefit of HD then you will need to be fairly close to the screen (again, think computer monitor).

As for Bluray, I don't see why they won't look good. There are a few points though...
    1) the TV is not 1920x1080 so you don't get Full HD - not a problem (esp. on a small screen), it will simply downscale the picture to fit.
    2) The TV is not a 16:9 resolution either. I am not sure how well this will scale. Some plasmas aren't as well so should be OK.
    3) The TV probably doesn't support 24Hz refresh. This may cause you to see stuttering in Blurays. Only some people see them and they are not a big issue.

It does not say that it is HDCP compliant but I'm sure it is as they mention Bluray on the LG website.

The sound quality will probably be pants!