1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD pic from Xbox but how do I get sound on LCD

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Malone, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Malone

Malone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Humm...... :confused: I have a 26PF5520D which has DVI input but no component. I have the MS Hi Def pack Xbox end and have a DVI to VGA adapter and a VGA to component lead. Everything is fine, luvvverley pic on LCD BUT no sound. The only sound input is next to DVI connection which says DVI audio. This looks like a small 3.5 mm headphone jack :confused: .
    I cant see any way to get sound as when AV mode selected for HD you cant change sound input. Am I stuffed. Other than taking phono's to an amp.(Which is all packed away pending a possible house move)

Matt

2. Colgate7110

Colgate7110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    What about this? It's £2.99 from Maplin here and gives you a 3.5mm connector to go into your DVI Audio jack while the 2 RCA connectors can be connected to the MS Advanced AV breakout box. There's also a "THX" cable which is £19.99 too but who knows whether it's worth it or not but £3 might be worth a try! :)

[​IMG]

3. Malone

Malone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Thanks Colgate, for £3 its worth a go. I assumed standard 3.5 would be analogue so would not work with a DVI Audio in. As I said it looks like a 3.5 jack but like you say I shall have to give it a try. :smashin:

Matt

4. Colgate7110

Colgate7110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    No problem Matt - hopefully it will work out okay for you. From looking at the specs for your LCD it's a bit vague but it doesn't give the impression there is any sort of digital audio processing options built in (other than the Dolby Virtual Surround processing of an analogue signal). I've even just downloaded the manual for a quick look and it's useless! It looks like the lead should be a success, ot at least I hope so for your sake - I can't imagine gaming without sound! :)

5. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,812
    The other option is just to connect some Powered PC Speakers to the L/R analogue audio out sockets on the HD pack. Not ideal but at least it would give sound during this makeshift senario.

6. Malone

Malone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    I must admit I had considered running it through my (admittedley crap) laptop speakers definitely last resort :D

7. geewhizz

geewhizz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    I use the same cable for my Ipod dock to my surround sound and the sound is really good. :thumbsup: