HD output: NTSC or chipped PAL?

RockySpieler

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am a newbie when it comes to the PS2. I have a dreamcast, but that is another forum.

I would like a games console is exploit the potential of my HD 32" widescreen LCD, does the PS2 fit the bill??

I have read in this forum that 720p/1080i component output is possible on US games (NTSC), but PAL games do not have HD capability. Clearly NTSC games will run on an NTSC PS2, and they seem to run on chipped PS2 (some with large HD for "backing up" games :smashin: ).

As I have no PS2 kit, what should I buy, NTSC or chipped PAL?

Are component cable easy to get hold of, do they work "out of the box", the non-chipped XBox hi-def method seems quite involved, with saved games etc?

Are NTSC games easily imported, who is best, I do not like paying import duty or handling charges?

Will PS2 games (PAL/NTSC) run on PS3 (or is it too early to tell)?

Or should I wait, dare I say it on this forum, to buy an Xbox360 (from the :devil: himself, I have sold half my soul anyway; I own a PC)?

Mate dont guy a PS2 wait for PS3. PS2 IQ is dog poo and only a few NTSC games supports Prog scan.
Seriosuly wait for PS3.
Infact what games are u wanting to play?
Xbox can be modded pretty easily to fit ur HD needs it just depends on the games u want

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom