• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HD out of sync

ian hall

Standard Member
On the rare occasion i watch Bbc Hd i find the sound is quiter than other channels and the sound is annoyingly very slightly out of sync with the picture. I also cannot actually see an improvement in picture either so it may be a setup issue??

Thanks

Ian

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
On the rare occasion i watch Bbc Hd i find the sound is quiter than other channels and the sound is annoyingly very slightly out of sync with the picture. I also cannot actually see an improvement in picture either so it may be a setup issue??

Thanks

Ian

What TV are you using, how is it connected and how is the audio connected to your TV. I ask because BBC HD should be vastly better than SD. Also the digital sound output from the S/Pdif using dolby digital from a HD channel is way louder than mpeg stereo from a SD channel.

bsuttie

Established Member
There have been a lot of sync issues with BBC HD. Now that they think they have them resolved they've started transmitting a test signal.

Full details here

You certainly should be able to see the difference if you have at least an HD ready TV connected via HDMI. Difference will look greater the larger your screen, and the closer you are to it.

regards

Brian

ian hall

Standard Member
I have a Panasonic 42" plasma, not the latest one its about a year old. It is connected with an hdmi cable to the virgin hd box.

Ian

Boostrail

Distinguished Member
I do not have any lip sync issues with BBCHD (Panasonic 37" 7 months old) However the difference in volume levels has been discussed in several previous threads

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
I have a Panasonic 42" plasma, not the latest one its about a year old. It is connected with an hdmi cable to the virgin hd box.

Ian

Most surprised that you don't see a difference in HD picture quality unless you are watching from a long distance. Try looking at SD and HD from fairly close. Having said that the scalers in Panasonic TV's do work really well so giving very good SD pictures.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom