HD Optimum Picture Settings

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by mark06, Apr 26, 2007.

1. mark06

mark06

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi there, I set up my 26" Samsung today, and put it in gaming mode for HD, but still keep changing the settings for picture to find the best quality appearance. Im having problems deciding upon the contrast, brightness, sharpness and colour of the screen. Does anyone have the optimum settings they feel that the PS3 looks best on, on Samsung HD TVs. Thanks in advance.

2. jogon

jogon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
  3. timus

timus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    I have this tv and i haven't as far as im aware used the Game Mode, just put it straight into HDMI and away i went, looks ok to me.

4. col3035

col3035

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a 26" Samsung.

I was told to use movie mode for gaming.
    It's supposed to disable the dynamic contrast etc (when the backlight keeps changing).

5. cheesyslug

cheesyslug

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi mate,

I have the 40" R7 Sammy LCD and use the following for both PS3 thru HDMI and XB360 via component...

i use game mode, which forces TV into "custom" setting, then contrast 82, brightness 55, sharpness 50, colour 80

I have energy saving on low and have disabled dynamic contrast in the service menu.

But it is all down to what YOU think looks good with YOUR kit, cables etc. etc. I still fiddle with my settings all the time, drives the missus mad when the settings menu pops up over her playing bejewled endless mode or something else equally annoying...and I fiddle to make the colours look nice:devil: