HD on Saturday

Mark2603

Standard Member
Reaction score
Ok this is my 1st post here so be gentle. I'm getting sky hd installed on saturday. I currently have sky + downstairs and a standard sky box upstairs with a multi room subscription. When the HD box is installed downstairs the sky+ box is being moved upstairs making the standard box redundant. As I understand it to continue to be able to watch some films I have recorded on the sky+ box I need to make sure that the card from the sky + box is kept with it and the card from the standard box is the card that the installer uses in the hd box. Is this right?

Also what will happen with the standard sky box? Will the fitter take it away with him because I would like to be able to keep it so I can use it in my caravan. If I was to use this box in my caravan and take 1 of the cards from either the hd box or sky + what channels will I be able to recieve with it with a card that is not paired with the box. Hope all this makes sense.

Mark

the card that is in your sky+ box will go into your HD box and the card that it is in your sky box will go in to your sky+ box all previos recordings will still work. The boxes are all your equipment, you own them not sky. You can take the old sky box to your caravan quite happily as long as you have a satellite dish on your caravan naturally.

The engineer will pair the cards to the box using a call back to sky from your boxes.

Yes you can take one of the cards to your caravan with you but you will only be able to watch from the genre mixes. you will not be able to watch the movie or sports channels as they require the card adn box to be paired.

I hope this has answered all your questions

From a sky employee

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom