HD Multi room £49.99 ?

BName

Banned
Hi i allready have Sky hd in one room am i right in thinking i could takeout hd multiroom for £49.99 for the box and fitting ? Sorry loads of threads are allready on this but i wanted to get my questions and answers all in the one place.

Boon72

you'll have to join the upgrade queue first :( i called last month to get multi room (i HD but want Sky+ in a bedroom) i was advised after the call i would be text info on the progress of the upgrade, next day i received the text saying it would be 4-7 weeks before i could order, yesterday it changed to 2-4 weeks. when i called to check once i receive the text to order i can then order it but here not sure of the timescales :confused:

the extra HD box would also cost another £9.75 a month on top of the multiroom £9.75

Last edited:

marshall_nathan

I belive,if you have all ready sky hd,the box is 199.Thats what they try to charge me 6 mounth ago.Maybe is change but...........:thumbsdow

b_yead

Hi i allready have Sky hd in one room am i right in thinking i could takeout hd multiroom for £49.99 for the box and fitting ? Sorry loads of threads are allready on this but i wanted to get my questions and answers all in the one place.

From the Pricing and Options page of Sky's website: Sky.com - Sky Products>Sky TV>Sky+HD>Pricing and Options

Please note
£49 box price for your first Sky+HD box only.

But still, it's better to phone them and ask what deal they can give you if you take multiroom+Sky HD box+HD sub for both boxes+Renew the contract with them for one more year. You might get lucky!!!:smashin:

Miss Chief

Distinguished Member
If you sourced your first HD box from Sky direct then it's £199 for a second box. if you went independant or bought the box yourself then you can have one at £49.

Jaycee Dove

Via Sky £199 plus install plus a mandatory second HD sub (£19,50 pm plus £9.75 pm for multiroom)

Via an independent £270 with a choice over whether to pay the second sub or not (it will get the FTA HD channels - eg BBC,.ITV, Channel 4 without one). You also can choose the box make. You cannot via Sky.

Or go into a Tesco Extra store that has any Pace HD boxes (phone Tesco first as they will tell you the nearest local store to have them) (you have to go and walk out with a box - not order over the net or ask for delivery). These are Pace boxes and cost £194. They are subject to recall by Sky with the supposed fault (see the thread on here) but you choose whether to keep or let them give you 3 months free HD subs and a new warranty for the box they swap...just do not accept a Thomson in replacement. Insist on a new Pace or Samsung. Many have kept the Pace as there seem to be very few with any problems.

Those are your options.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom