HD movies - a few Qs

jamieric

Standard Member
I am relatively new to HD and have a few questions about movies....

As I only have 1 movie package (Action, Drama, SciFi, Indie) I think I am right in saying I get no Premier and only HD2 - can anyone confirm that?

A lot of the movies on HD2 were made decades ago and so presumably were not filmed in HD. What is the point of putting them on the HD channel and how do I know which films are truly HD ?

On Anytime, it doesn't tell you whether movies have been downloaded from HD1 or HD2, which means, as I can only view HD2, I have to set them playing and wait for the "you don't have this channel" message - which seems very clumsy.

Jamieric

Tarbat

A lot of the movies on HD2 were made decades ago and so presumably were not filmed in HD. What is the point of putting them on the HD channel and how do I know which films are truly HD ?
Many old films look excellent in HD - http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=510862

Films are filmed on film (!), which is often of a high enough resolution to allow for a HD telecine transfer to digital media.

All films on the HD Movie channels are in HD.

CaffeineJunkie

Aye, 35mm film (which most movies are shot on) has an effective resolution of 4000x3000.

The only problems with older movies is down to the quality of the stock.

Sorry, cant answer your questions regarding what channels you get.

.Griff.

I'm confused by the referance to "1 movie package"... I recently added the movie channels to my subscription and that was it. No mention of different movie "packages".

jamieric

Standard Member
Hi Griff

I'd be surprised if any of us were not confused. Sky seem to hide the packages and make them as confusing as can be.

On the face of it, it seems as though you can add
ALL the sports or ALL the movies or both...

but...

you can choose half the sports (1 and 3) and half the movies (either the channels I have or the others).

This half and half option is the same price as either ALL the sports or ALL the movies.

Hope that makes sense!

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom