HD movie playback in XBMC

richard plumb

Hi

Read an interesting review by daxie in the LCD forum about testing HD movie trailers on a modded xbox.

Now, I thought the xbox has problems playing back 720p content, but it now seems that not all 720p content is created equal.

Can anyone help with some guidance on (1) where to get some HD trailers/footage I can play on my modded Xbox; (2) what to look out for if I eg wanted to create/modify HD content to work on an xbox.

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
Hi,
Try www.divx.com/hd . I've played the madagascar clip very well , haven't tried any of the others to be honest. It's really pushing the limits of what it can do at 720p, about the best compromise for quality and performance are the 960x520 (approx) DD5.1 clips often referred to a HR.HD (half rate HD I think it stands for). The quality is very good and XBMC can play those with no problems at all. I think I'm right in saying the only 720p clips it will play are the divx encoded ones, no MPEG2 720p clips will play. If you wanted to modify any existing HD clips re-encoding to the 960x520 res should yield good results (check that resolution, it's approximate).

Cheers
Andy

Monty Burns

zAndy1 said:
Hi,.... I think I'm right in saying the only 720p clips it will play are the divx encoded ones, no MPEG2 720p clips will play. ....

Hmmm ... maybe these ones i have been using have been reencoded with DivX? I grab mine from newsgroups and the projector tells me its at 720 when I run them :confused:

Trending threads

Top Bottom